I've been talking recently about the final "arrival" of the New Earth energy. I don't want to give the impression that it has come in from outer space, but more as an evolutionary shift that we, as humanity, have made through our cumulative shift in consciousness. You could see it as a threshold we have crossed. Enough of us have realized we are all connected, we are not separate individuals fighting for resources in a dog eat dog world. We are compassionate and loving beings who are fulfilled through our mutual connection. There are now enough people on the planet that believe we are more connected then separate, and this amplified belief has now shifted the old paradigm. That is what I mean when I refer to the New Earth "arrival".
This movement has been up and done for the last decade, and appears to me to have now stabilized, helped by our global enforced isolation and resultant halting of our distracted, hectic lives. Many of us have stopped, reflected, strengthened our sense of priorities and irrevocably realized our love and connection with the planet and with each other.
With this new "level" of consciousness comes with it more ease in certain things, and more challenge in others. Coming into alignment, or should I say staying in alignment, will be the challenge in the coming months and years.
I had these great questions emailed to me recently.... "When you said we have now arrived in the new earth’s chapter yesterday, does that mean that the energy will settle now? Remember when we met in February, you told me that the energy was starting to expand then and just had to let it run its course. I am curious because my energy has been super positive during lockdown but as of last weekend it sort of crashed. Almost like grieving the old world and what could have been. So I can’t tell what phase we’re in now? Everything feels like it’s in slow motion now and it would be great to tap into the new world energy to complete unfinished projects. Am trying to understand how to manage the current energy and what’s next?"
Grieving is absolutely spot on, we need to grieve. We need to let go of our past, the stories that have held us in place and given us stability. In the letting go we are naturally going to grieve and fear - what is next? Do I still move forwards with my unfinished projects? Do I need to clean my slate and look at everything again?
For those of us in the people industry - meeting and holding workshops may change forever. For my daughter facing her first year at University with no student life, it's devastating. For those unable to reach loved ones who are ill or suffering. So much destruction, so much sadness and fear. There is a sense of horror when we look at the speed at which our old lives are dismantling. It's breathtaking. If we don't drop the stories, re-calibrate, and open our arms to the inevitable then yes, we are going to crash. When life moves and we dig in, we will always loose. Your willingness to let go of the past (and the future) will be in direct correlation to your level of suffering.
Each of us are in a different phase with this. Life has moved, and we now have to find our way to move with it. I'm going to use a product innovation model, because the percentages help give perspective, and help to explain why you may feel like you are in the minority (because you are). The model is from Everitt Rogers Diffusion of Innovations (1962).
1. Innovators (Conscious Leaders) make up only 2.5% of the population- they introduce the concepts. These leaders have been active for decades preparing us for this shift. They are showing up now in all industries, governments, media, medical and will show the way forwards.
2. Early adopters (probably you) make up the next 13.5% - practicing the tools and doing your inner work, you understand deeply that all is one, we are all connected, and a new way of caring and connecting is needed, and evolving right now.
3. Early majority are the next 34% to jump on board - these are the good people, who believe in goodness, have faith in human nature, want to trust something and are willing to jump in once the systems and forward momentum is clearly laid out. They are not actively engaged in self-enquiry and still see the world as separate from them. They don't see oneness as self-evident but have a secret wish that it be so - they are just a spark away.
4. Late majority are the "bah humbug" gang, also making up 34% - the people who love dog eat dog. They will continue to look backwards and lament the "good old days", they will complain and blame all their lives. They come along because they have to but will continue to troll, find fault, and delight in others' failures.
5. Laggards are the final 16%, they are the parts of the population who never get on board with anything. They don't want to play any game, join any system or get involved in a larger movement or community. They are outside of the system/community.
So depending on where you fall on this curve, you are going to be experiencing the world very differently right now.
1. The Conscious Leaders. These people forge the way with vision, insight and solutions. They are the cutting edge of the New Earth vision, the reason it is happening. You can see them all around - their voices are compassionate, ring true, expand your heart, and make you feel hopeful. They are the pace of change and shine clear lights forwards, they have ideas and solutions, if we would only listen. The new leadership is waiting in the wings, you do not have to fear this. Give your energy, your time, and your support to the leaders who ignite your heart. They will become more and more vocal as time goes on. Some are already in positions of power and influence, others are growing rapidly, they will become more and more prominent over the next decade.
2. Early Adopters. If you're even on this website, my guess is you're here. As early adopters, we are fluctuating. One minute feeling hopeful and the next devastated. One hand is still grasping the past and the "what I'll miss", and the other hand is reaching forwards, excited for the potential future. Depending on our attention, we can drop into old restrictive thought patterns of fear and despair or we can tune into the present moment and feel the movement and joy. If you are seeing the light but struggling to maintain your focus, your attention is key - eyes forward, don't look back.
When you draw your attention to the new infusion of energy it is invigorating and exciting in texture. You are finding it easier and easier to drop the past, drop the old paradigms and belief structures, step into your power, express your truth, find your voice. Compared to even a few short months ago, you are finding many mindset shifts possible.
The new earth energy is living life as life. Life moves, creates, evolves, bursts forth in the most incredible circumstances. It doesn't plan, strategise, or do SWOT analysis. It plays, creates, wonders, experiments. That which works stays, that which doesn't dies. Let the things in your life that are not working die. Notice what you have energy for, and what you don't. Be willing to let go. If the project isn't getting done, maybe its not meant to be.
What is birthing out of you?
Where is the impulse and life energy taking you? If its inwards and reflective then go with it.
Who says productivity is measured in things accomplished?
Are you living life for the joy of living, or for the impressive list of things you have achieved?
Does comparing yourself with others really bring you joy?
Does holding onto your old life mean it was the perfect life and you were so happy and complete?
Things are changing, for sure, but there is no indication that it is changing for the worse. Evolutionary speaking life tends towards improvement.
But if you are an early adopter you are still unclear of your future purpose. The time for clarity is not yet here. You are still letting go, grieving the past stories and structures, you are trying to look forwards but still involved in your past. So its OK, it's just timing, the clarity is not fully in yet. You job is to keep your attention forwards and drop the past. Shut the door, its over.
And that doesn't mean you can't take your values with you. Of course you can. Your love, your full heart, your compassion, your integrity and authenticity - all these travel with you. What you leave behind is your separateness, your competition, your comparing, your mean-heartedness, your harsh words, your anger and fear and defensiveness. You can't take these delusions with you.
Find the leaders and align with them, they know the way. Understand you are still in the tiny minority, the early majority will follow but you have to take the first leap of faith. There are leaders ahead of you - find the ones you resonate with and take heart.
3. Early majority. When these guys jump on board we will really get going, and its important to note its not happening anytime soon. We are looking forwards a decade, not next month. They will only join the movement when the philosophy, systems, structure and clarity has really landed and is seen to work. So its a long haul. And these will be the majority of people in your wider community. Kind-hearted people who believe in following the system without really thinking about it. Maybe you feel you are here, and if so your job is to begin the questioning process. Is there a better way of doing things?
What are your essential values? Is it love and kindness? Would you like to love more and work on your anger and worry? Small steps make a big difference and perhaps you will find a teacher who is an early adopter and can help you hasten your personal growth. If you are an early adopter teacher, your help is invaluable in shifting the early majority from watching on the side lines to jumping in and joining the New Earth movement. Their support will change a niche idea or system into an inevitable one.
The work at this level is to release fear, and to begin questioning the systems in place. Is this really the best way to do things? As Reiki teachers and practitioners we are mainly working with this group, and showing them a better way to find peace and happiness - from the inside. But also realizing that the Early majority will not be able to adapt quickly, you need to model the way, show how the system works, what is possible. Progress is in bite sized pieces, but don't be discouraged.
4 and 5 Late majority and Laggards. Finally there is a whole swathe of humanity not moving, not shifting, and not dropping anything. And this is 50%, which is sobering but important to realise for the sake of perspective. There is only the impulse to grasp the past with both hands, even when life has already moved on. Every historical shift has this element, and it gets ugly. The old power will fight for what they are loosing. The tools of choice are fear and cruelty. I don't have to spell this out, it's everywhere. It's the grasping and clinging to an old world order that has already past its sell by date. This separateness and all that comes with it is not going to die out even when the systems and structures for a better future is fully established. It's part of our human experience, the delusion that we are separate and therefore have to fight and grasp. Life moves on, is always moving on, and half of humanity miss it.
You don't have to engage with this half. It is not strengthening, empowering, or compassionate. Have compassion for the people and their belief systems that keep them stuck in suffering, but don't fight with them. They are as inevitable as the 50% moving forwards. Yin and Yang, flow and resistance, up and down. It's all in perfect balance.
Spend your time with the 50% you resonate with and leave the rest to others to fulfill their own journey. Most importantly, don't let this 50% slow you down, dampen your spirits or "bah humbug" you. Find your people, leaders, community that resonates with you and your own forwards momentum. Acknowledge that you will hit plenty of resistance, but train your attention to look forwards. Let go of your old stories, release your old beliefs.
Here's a quick checklist for you if you are an early adopter:
1. Pay particular attention to how you spend your time - is it expanding or contracting your energy?
2. Spot the "bah humbug" and move away from it like it was toxic fumes, do not pollute your environment. Do not engage.
3. Refuel often in quiet reflection. The energy is here, it's nurturing and loving and that may be in solitude, or it may be watching and listening to the conscious leaders who ignite and light up your heart.
4. Expect an up and down ride, we are at the cutting edge of the change, it's going to get bumpy, find your community so you can throw your hands up in both despair and joy, depending on the day, and be met with compassion and understanding.
May the force be with you :-)