Home Study Reiki
There are many aspects of Home Study learning that make it better than the weekend face to face workshops. For many students, these aspects more than compensate for the lack of face to face time spent with the teacher – of course it is not for everyone, but for many it is the preferred way of learning Reiki.
Please note: Only Level 1 and 2 are offered as a homestudy, if you are looking for a Master class then Elaine only offers this as face to face study.
“The whole Reiki experience has been incredible. I have noticed improvements in calmness, peacefulness and overall awareness of everything.” Rick, USA
Benefits of Home study Online Reiki classes:
1. The Home study classes are longer (eg. Reiki 1 is carried out over 3 weeks) than our normal weekend face to face classes and helps you to build discipline which deepens your Reiki practice.
2. The home study manual is much more comprehensive than our face to face class manual and the audios and videos are available for you to revisit any time, meaning you can re-sit the class or return to the material whenever you want.
3. The audio meditations (in Reiki Level 1) are designed to deepen the attunements, which means over the 3 weeks you will find your experience of Reiki becoming stronger and stronger.
4. Home Study is more affordable (30% savings) than our face to face class as it is free of venue and Teacher costs. As all the delivery is online we can also pass on manual printing and admin cost savings to you.
“I enjoyed every bit of it- found it very helpful, inspiring and very clear in explanations.” Margot, Holland
Can Reiki be learnt over the Internet?
Home study, or distance learning as it applies to Reiki has long been misunderstood due to the confusion around the Reiki ‘attunements’. Reiki attunements are what activate Reiki to flow in your system and this does require a real live Reiki Master to carry out the attunement. However, it does not have to be done face to face. Much like when we learn to send Reiki at Reiki Level 2, Reiki is not bound by geography, and attunements are equally successful done face to face or via distance.
Our home study Reiki 1 class involves 4 attunements, these are done by Elaine Grundy. So to be clear, it is true, you cannot learn Reiki if it is solely from a book or you download something from the internet, but the combination of online information, plus distance attunements is what makes these classes effective and powerful.
“I really felt that this was an excellent experience. I am glad that I followed this program and have started feeling the differences.” Saman, Vietnam
Who chooses To learn Reiki by Home Study?
1. Home study is an excellent way for people without access to a face to face class to learn Reiki. If you live geographically far away from your Teacher it means you can still learn Reiki without traveling to a class.
2. Maybe there are teachers in your area but you do not feel connected to them. For many students, learning Reiki from the right teacher is important.
3. Many of our home study students studied Reiki many years ago but wish to refresh or update their knowledge and they are attracted to our down-to-earth way of teaching but prefer to learn at home rather than re-sit another face to face class.
4. In our busy world, many students choose home study as they find it difficult to fit in a face to face class in between their home or work commitments.
5. And others simply enjoy the process of being able to take their time and learn at their own pace!
“I enjoyed the class immensely. It was great !!! Even though I was not in a class setting with others, the response time to questions I had was always delivered in a timely manner. I felt supported in all aspects of this home study class.”
What is involved in this Reiki class?
If you want to take a look at the Preview, this will give you access to the introduction and the course outline.
Once you decide to begin your class, you simply register and pay via paypal/credit card. The Reiki 1 class is S$300, the Reiki 2 class is $350.
1. You will be given instant access to the online learning, relevant videos and audio meditations.
2. Distant attunements begin every Tuesday either at 9am or 5pm Singapore time, you choose the date and time you would like to begin. Elaine will be in contact and confirm your attunement time. During your designated time it is recommended you take time to sit and receive the attunement in a quiet place, you will only need to sit for 5 minutes for each attunement. There are four attunements in total spread over 4 days (Tuesday to Friday daily). Being awake or mindful is not necessary, it is just more fun!
3. There is a recommended reading and video flow every week as well as homework recommendations, but you are welcome to read the material or follow the videos in any order and you may complete the reading in your own time. There is no expiry date on your login so you can take your time and revisit the material whenever you want to.
4. Elaine has also designed four 15 minute guided Chakra meditations that you can do either daily or several times a week to help support and deepen your attunements and your sensitivity to Reiki.
5. You are always welcome to contact Elaine with any specific questions anytime during your training, and beyond.
“I really enjoyed the class and it meant a lot that you were always there to answer any questions that I had. I am also grateful for the continued support after the classes are over. It is one thing to have a teacher and another thing to have a mentor and you are definitely a mentor! Your responses were always enthusiastic and it made me feel like no questions is too small to ask. Thank you for being a wonderful and supportive teacher! :)” Durga, Singapore